Good evening Wildcats.
What a great fall festival on a beautiful day at Steed's Dairy. Thank you to our PTO for hosting this event, even if it meant I took several plunges in the dunk tank by both students and parents. Here are your updates for the week ahead:
1) Parent Orientation Night will be held for students in grades 4-8 tomorrow night. Grades 4-5 will be from 5:30-6:30 and grades 6-8 will be from 6:30-7:30. You will report to your child's HR class. We hope to see you there.
2) Students interested in participating in Chess club be reminded that applications are due on Tuesday. Applications are available in the front office. The club is open to students in grades 3-8.
3) Wednesday September 20th CT Walker will hold our rescheduled Grits with Grandparents event. K-1 8:30am, 2-3rd grade 9:15am, Our September volunteer training will be held immediately following this event for any parents or grandparents interested in obtaining a volunteer card.
4) Our first incentive period for collecting box tops ends this Wednesday, September 20th. Please send all box tops to your child's homeroom teacher. The class that collects the most box tops for this first incentive period will win a special surprise for the class.Help your child's class rise to the top! The money raised from box tops supports classroom and school needs. Thank you so much for all the box tops you have already been sending in,
5) Wednesday is also our K-3 parent orientation night. Kindergarten and first grade will be from 5:30-6:30 and 2nd and 3rd grade will be held from 6:30-7:30. The first part of the hour will be an information session on standards based report cards and the second part of the hour will be spent in your child's classroom.
6) CFA Augusta Exchange is hosting a Spirit Day for CTW this Thursday, Sept. 21 from 6:00am-7:30pm. A percentage of the profits will go back to CTW PTO to continue the efforts for instructional/staff support! Please help spread the word that you can enjoy a meal at CFA Augusta Exchange for breakfast, lunch or dinner - drive thru, dine in or carryout - just need to let the cashier know that you are there to support CT Walker Magnet School!
7) This Friday, September 22 is the last day to order CTW Spirit wear online. Visit spiritgeardirect.com - there is a link on the school homepage to order online. Once online store closes, items will be shipped to the school in about 3 weeks. Don't miss out on these great items to show off your Wildcat Pride!
8) A reminder that dance team tryouts have been rescheduled for the week of September 25-29th. Interested students should have been given a flyer with a permission slip. Only students with a signed permission slip will be allowed to remain for auditions.
9) Our annual Title I meeting will be held on September 28th at 5:30. Please mark your calendars to attend.
Have a great night.