Good evening Wildcats
I hope you avoided getting pinched today for St. Patrick's Day! The weather forecast looks bright and beautiful for the week. We have another week of celebration and congratulations to share. 2 boys and 2 girls from grades 3-5th competed this week in the National Skills Challenge at the First Tee. We are proud to report that CT Walker came in 3rd overall and Benton McMahon received first place for 5th grade boys. Our middle school track team had an outstanding showing at the Garden City Classic over the weekend. This weekend we also had several students competing in the regional science fair. CT Walker had an outstanding showing. Although we are waiting for a full list of awards, congratulations go out to Gabby Ixcoy who won 1st place in the entire elementary division for all projects. Walker students continue to do great things! Here are your updates for the week ahead:
1) Our monthly parent volunteer class will be held tomorrow, March 18th, at 9AM in the media center.
2) The Patricia Doolittle Memorial Cookoff is almost here. Entry fee is $10 and the money is due by March 29th. Checks can be made out to CT Walker for the entry fee. The contest will be held on April 4th immediately before our talent show. Taste test admission is $5 dollars.
3) RSVPS for April's Daddy Daughter Dance are due no later than March 29th. No late reservations will be accepted. Please send in your reservation and money today.
4) This is a reminder that CT Walker is NOT participating in the early release days this week. This will be a full week of school for students.
5) Tutoring will be held Tuesday and Thursday of this week.
6) Report cards for the 3rd nine weeks will be sent on home on Thursday March 21st. Please sign the report card jacket and return it to school on Friday.
7) Mark your calendars now for our elementary drama production that will be held on Thursday March 28th. The students are excited and have worked incredibly hard to put together a great show for you.
8) The talent show auditions were great last week! The selected participants will be posted on Monday and announced at school. The talent show is Thursday April 4th. Tickets for the show are $5 and all proceeds will benefit the Eric J. Smalls Scholarship Fund.
9) As an important part of our continued drive to improve our school, our Title I end of the year survey is posted on the CT Walker homepage. Please go to the web page and complete the brief survey to help us evaluate our Title I program and determine our goals and priorities for next year. We need your input. Thank you in advance for your feedback. Simply click on the description to get to the survey.
The next few weeks will be busy at CT Walker, but these weeks leading up to spring break are very important for your students. Please do your best to have your students present, punctual, and prepared for learning. See you tomorrow!