Good evening Wildcats!
We had a great week back from Spring Break. A huge congratulations to our Elementary Math team and coach Mrs. Theresa Thompson for winning 1st place in the district math competition. We are proud of you! Here are your updates for the week ahead:
1) Middle school students are reminded that your Georgia Milestones tests will be administered starting on Tuesday April 20th. Virtual students should enter from the auditorium door and should arrive no later than 8:40. Students should bring a water bottle and a mask with them to testing. Students must be signed in by an adult when they arrive and should be picked up at 10:45. If you have any questions, please contact the front office.
2) We know that the end of the year is always an exciting time for students and parents. Please know that we are working on plans for end of the year and that many of these activities will be held either virtually or with limited participation from outside guests. Plans for the end of the year activities will be sent out at the end of this week after district guidelines are reviewed.
3) A note for all of our students as we are beginning our assessment window: eat a good breakfast, get a good night's sleep, make sure to read each question thoroughly and take your time.
4) To those parents who missed spring pictures, if you would like your student's picture made, you may call Carter Koenig Photography to see if you can come into the studio to have the picture made.
5) Parents please remember to continue to screen your students daily for symptoms and keep them home if they are sick.
6) The application deadline for magnet schools is approaching. If you know families that would be interested in attending our wonderful school, encourage them to go online and apply no later than April 30th.
7) 8th grade students. please take a moment to check your Canvas account for an 8th grade honors sheet that needs to be completed. The sheet and a picture should be emailed to Mrs. Snowberger as soon as possible.
8) Parents who have ordered a yearbook. We have received notification that the printing and shipping of our yearbooks may be delayed due to Covid related issues. We hope that the books will be here by the last day of school. However, please be assured if the books are delayed that you will be contacted to pick up your book when it arrives.
We look forward to a wonderful week at Walker. We hope that you have a great night! See you tomorrow!