Good evening Wildcats:
It is hard to believe that this is the last Sunday call of the 2018-2019 school year. As the year draws to a close I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for letting us be a part of your children's lives. We have had a great school year and want to have an awesome last week of school. Congratulations to all of our musical theater performers for an awesome performance of Honk Jr! The show was outstanding! Here are your updates for the week ahead:
1) Parents if your students have medication at the school, you are reminded that you should pick up their medication no later than the last day of school. All medication left at school will have to be disposed of. The school can not keep medication over the summer.
2) You are reminded to please send in a legal sized self-addressed stamped envelope to have report cards mailed to you.
3) Summer work and supply lists are now posted on the Walker webpage. Students were shown these on their step up day earlier in the month. Please know that summer work is an expectation of all magnet students.
4) I ready will continue to be available to students throughout the summer. Please have your students read read read and spend time weekly on Iready reading and math.
5) There are 20 extra yearbooks on sale this week. They are 50 dollars cash or check. The books will be sold on a first come first serve basis. Please see Mrs. Sims.
6) Honors day programs and end of the year celebrations will be this week. Please see the schedule on the CT Walker webpage. 8th grade parents are reminded of the reception immediately following the honors night on Wednesday. Please ensure that your child has shown you the letter concerning honors evening attire. Thank you
7) A reminder that all behavioral and dress code expectations are the same throughout the last week of school. Please remind students that we still have work to do and that we want to end school on a positive note.
8) No bookbags will be allowed on the last day of school. This is a county wide policy. Please have students leave bookbags at home on Friday.
9) Parents if you have not filled out the survey for next year, please do so tonight. The link is located at the top of the CT Walker webpage.
10) Report cards will be available for pick up on May 29th after 1PM. Please note that our school will be undergoing extensive renovations beginning immediately after school ends and it may be difficult to access the front office. Having the report card mailed will be the easiest way to receive the information. However, if you are planning on picking up the report card please note that the school's summer hours are 8:30-3:30.
Let's have a great last week filled with learning and leading. Have a great night.