Good evening Wildcats,
I hope that you had a chance to catch the Arts in the Hearts Festival this weekend and enjoy the beautiful weather. We have a very full week at Walker this week. Here are your updates for the week ahead:
1) The first chess club meeting of the year will be held Monday, September 23rd until 5PM. Please make sure rides arrive promptly.
2) Grits for Grandparents will be held Tuesday, September 24th from 7:45-8:15. Please note that RSVPS must have been turned in last week so that we can plan for food.
3) Don't forget to attend our Day in the Life Event on Tuesday, September 24th at 5:30PM. Meet with your child's teachers to learn about what a day in the life of your student is like. Our Title I meeting will start the evening at 5:30 and then dismiss to your child's classroom. We hope to see you there!
4) Beginning this year, we will have a program for middle school students called "Girls with Pearls" and "Boys with Bow-ties". This program is designed to help mentor students in becoming awesome well rounded citizens. The program maximum will be 25-30 students in each group. There will be a brief interest meeting for more information for students Thursday Sept. 26 at 3:00 in the auditorium or you may sign up using a sheet on Mrs. Johnson's door (rm. 257). The program will begin the first full week in October.
5) There is some exciting news coming for CT Walker at the end of the week. But while I can't tell you the exciting news just yet, we are going to have an important unity day on Friday. So go ahead and plan your wardrobe for the week and plan to wear BLUE on Friday. Kindergarten students can wear blue instead of Kinderplaid on Friday. We want to see the whole school decked out in BLUE for Friday's Unity day.
6) Don't forget that it is not too late to order your SPIRIT WEAR. Orders can be placed online by visiting the CT Walker website.
7) Also you can go online to our website and follow the link to place money on your child's lunch account. Setting up a free account is easy and this will allow you to monitor your child's balance and to make payments online.
We hope that you have a great rest of your weekend. We will see you Monday!