Good evening Wildcats,
We had a great week last week. We saw movie stars and had our make up pictures. Congratulations go out to all of our Wildcats who participated in the summer Read it Up challenge for the district. Our school came in first place in the district and we will have a special treat coming soon for all of our students. Here are the updates for the week ahead:
1) If you are a virtual student and missed our picture day opportunities, it is not too late to have your child's picture in the yearbook. You can call the studio at (706) 447-1055 and schedule a time to stop by the studio to have your child's picture take for the yearbook. Please schedule the time prior to the end of Nov to ensure your child's inclusion in the yearbook.
2) Don't forget to visit Jostens.com to preorder yearbooks. The link to the order form is located on our CT Walker webpage as well.
3) Federal Impact student aid cards are now due. If you have not turned in your child's federal card, please send it in to your child's HR teacher tomorrow. This can be done via the electronic form found on Canvas or if you are having technology difficulty, you can stop by the school to fill out a paper copy. Remember we need a copy for each student!
4) Wednesday is PINK day at CT Walker. We are encouraging all students to wear pink to show their support for breast cancer awareness. Support those you are fighting and those who we have lost and wear pink to school on Wednesday! This is for both our F2F and virtual students.
5) Parents please take a moment to log into your Infinite Campus account and check your child's first nine weeks progress. The end of the grading period is October 26th and we want to make sure that you are able to monitor your child's progress. If you don't have a parent portal account, please contact Mrs. Schnorbus to help you log in so that you have access to your child's grades.
6) Don't forget to order your spirit wear. During the month of October use the code Oct20P to receive 10% off of your order.
7) This week is National School Bus Driver appreciation week. Please take a moment to show your appreciation for your child's school bus drivers.
8) Most of our students have completed their Iready diagnostic and should begin to work on Iready lessons each week. We would like for students to spend 45 minutes weekly on Iready reading and math to help them target individual skills.
9) GREAT NEWS! The waiver for school lunches has been extended through May of 2021 or until the money allocated by the federal government is depleted.. This means that ALL students will continue to receive breakfast and lunch at no cost through the remainder of the school year, unless the money allocated runs out prior to the end of school . We encourage parents to complete the free or reduced lunch application just in case the money for the program runs out before the school year ends.
10) Please screen your child daily prior to sending them to school and have them remain home if they are exhibiting one of the targeted symptoms. You can report student absences by following the link on the website to report an absence.
Red Ribbon week is coming the week of Oct 26th as well as it is almost time for our annual Boosterthon kick off. Stay tuned for some exciting news about each of these programs.
Enjoy the beautiful fall weather and have a great night