Good evening Wildcats
We have arrived at the last Wildcat Weekly of the year. What an amazing adventure we have had this year. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing all of the smiling faces on Friday at our virtual car parade. We have some very important updates for the week ahead:
1) 8th grade students are reminded of your social and honors day ceremony tomorrow. virtual 8th grade students should arrive at 8:30 and should be picked up at 11:30. The ceremony will be recorded and posted on our website so that parents can view it.
2) Tuesday, May 24th is the official last day of the school year. It is a half day for students. All students will be released at 12:45. Buses will run their normal route that day and there will be Primetime. Parents of our youngest students, please make sure that someone is there to meet your bus riders for early release. If your transportation plans for Tuesday are different than normal, please send a written note to your child's HR teacher.
3) All student report cards will be mailed this year. Report cards are scheduled to be mailed on Friday, May 28th. Students that have fines, technology, or textbooks that have not been turned in will have their final report cards held until fines are cleared. Fines must be paid in cash with exact change. To check whether your student has any outstanding materials, please go to our website and click on the announcement posted by Mrs. Blakeney.
4) As a reminder, all textbooks for middle school students, novels for students in grades 3-6 and grade 8, library books for all students and technology must be turned in. Please bring any materials to the front office between the hours of 7:30 AM and 4:00PM Monday.
5) A reminder to our F2F students that there are no bookbags allowed on the last day of school. Please have all students leave their bookbags at home.
6) The next few days will be extremely hot. Please ensure that students do not forget their water bottles. Also, please don't forget to send your student to school with a mask. Our supply of extra masks is small and we want to ensure that all students have them.
7) If your student is missing any jackets, water bottles, or lunch boxes, please have them check the lost and found at school tomorrow. All unclaimed clothing will be donated to charity at the end of the week.
8) Friday, May 28th our school will be sponsoring a community blood drive at the school from 9AM to 1PM. Please help us reach our goal of helping 150 people in our community. Donation is safe and easy. Email or call the school to schedule a donation time.
9) Yearbook delivery is delayed. As soon as the books are received, we will call parents to pick up yearbooks.
10) Parents please take a moment to remind your students that dress code and behavioral expectations are still the same on the last two days of school.
11) Summer assignments will be posted this week. Please check the CT Walker webpage for information on summer work and supply lists for next year.
Thank you for sharing your students with us this year. Have a great night and a wonderful summer.