News in the Media Center
We are so excited to start the 2018-2019 school year. Our media center acts as a hub of learning and technology at Walker. Explore and see what the C.T. Walker Media Center has to offer!
The mission of the C.T. Walker Magnet School media program is to provide a safe and welcoming environment for all learners to access information from a variety of media sources. The media specialist collaborates with other educators to provide enriching instruction to students in addition to also providing support for information access and technologies to all learning community members.
Hours of Operation Monday-Friday 8:05-3:00
Students come to the media center in small groups for check-out and whole group for instruction. Whole group classes are scheduled throughout the year for instructional support.
Check-Out Policy & Procedures
- K-1st are permitted to check-out 1 book for 2 weeks
- 2nd-8th are permitted to check-out 2 books for 2 weeks
- Upon teacher request, 5th-8th grade students can have an additional book for research.
- Students who have overdue library books are not permitted to check-out.
Students may only print school related assignments. Students may print up to two copies of the same document for free. Anything beyond two copies is 10 cents per page. Printing is available in the media center from 8:05-3:00 and in the business computer lab on Mondays and Thursdays from 10:30-11:00.
Library cards are issued to students K-5th grade. Every school year each student is provided with a library card. If students lose their library card, students must bring in $1 to have a new one made.
Media Center Rules
1. Respect the library materials.
2. Everything has a correct place.
3. Always share (so we will return things when they are due and we will put things on hold when we have to wait)
4. Do not disturb others working in the library.
*In addition, all school rules apply in regards to proper