- Class Expectations- My classroom expectations are very simple and straightforward. I have many incentives in place for students who follow rules and complete work! In order for all students to LEARN, they are expected to:
If all students follow these simple rules, everyone can be successful in the classroom. In addition to offering rewards for positive behavior, I will also be rewarding students who engage in proper handwashing, social distancing, and mask-wearing. *Safety first!*😊
In the case that a student fails to comply with the expectations, all 4th grade teachers will adhere to the following Behavior Plan:
1st Offense: Verbal Warning
2nd Offense: Loss of Class Dojo Points
3rd Offense: Loss of Class Dojo Points AND Privilege (such as recess, silent lunch)
4th Offense: Loss of Class Dojo Points AND Reflection time in another teacher's room
5th Offense: Loss of Class Dojo Points AND Phone call to parent
6th Offense: Loss of Class Dojo Points AND Discipline referral to administration
- Class DOJO- All parents are strongly encouraged to create a free Class DOJO account. Once I provide you with a code to connect with our class, you will be able to see your child’s progress throughout the day, receive reminders about assignments/ school events, and easily message teachers. Because we use this tool daily in the classroom to record your child’s conduct, it is the quickest way to get in touch with us if you need to.
- Communication- Open communication is very important for your child’s academic success. If there is a circumstance that will affect your child’s attendance/preparedness/behavior/performance etc, please let me know. I realize that life happens, so I try to be as understanding as possible but I can’t make accommodations unless I am aware of what is going on.
- Contact Information-
1. Class DOJO: PREFERRED
If you are unable to create a DOJO account, I can be reached in a variety of other ways:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 706-796-4944 This is the number to the front office. If I am in class, I will return your call either during planning or after school, whichever comes first.
- Conference: Due to COVID-19, we are asking that we limit face-to-face interactions. Instead, we will be happy to discuss your child’s progress over the phone or through an online conference.
**Visitors will not be permitted into the school without showing an ID and a getting a visitor’s pass.
- Grading Policy/Makeup Work- Students’ work will be graded based on the standard alpha-numeric scale (A= 90-100, B= 80-89, etc). Below is the scale we use to weight assignments:
- Formative (tests, projects)- 50% of overall grade
- Summative (quizzes, class work) 40% of overall grade
- Other (homework)- 10% of overall grade
When students are absent, they are responsible for providing an excuse (for your convenience, you may also submit this through Class DOJO) and for making up any missed work. According to the handbook, they have one week to complete make-up work.
- COVID-19 Considerations- Despite loosening of local restrictions on gatherings, it's important to remember we are still in the middle of a pandemic. For the safety of students, staff, and families, please follow these guidelines:
- Masks required in the building- All adults visiting must wear a mask. To limit contact, we ask that you do not enter the classroom. If you need to see your child during the day, they can be escorted to the office. Students are required to wear a mask on the bus and in areas where social distancing is difficult.
- Pre-Screen at Home- Check your child's temperature and monitor for symptoms regularly. If your child doesn't feel well, please keep him or her home.