Summer School for high school students at Richmond County School System will be virtual this summer.
Classes will be held June 1 - July 1, 2021.
End of Course exams will be held in-person.
Summer School Principals
Dr. Jamie McCord, Principal
Dr. Gregory Shields, Jr., Assistant Principal
Ms. Frankie Wright, Assistant Principal
Virtual Summer School Checklist
Due by June 1
Login to Lauchpad and do the following:
- Click on your Infinite Campus app and review course schedule and periods. Pay special attention to the number of periods and class times.
- After reviewing your schedule, you are either scheduled for Canvas courses, Edgenuity, or Both.
- You will only take Canvas Courses only if you FAILED one of the specified courses BEFORE: Core Courses (Math, Science, Social Studies, and ELA), Digital Design, Digital Technology, Music Appreciation, and Visual Arts
- In addition, if you are scheduled for Tools for College Success and SAT Prep, you will take Canvas.
Edgenuity ONLY: For Credit Bearing
- You will take these courses in Edgenuity if you FAILED BEFORE: Psychology, Sociology, Health, Personal Fitness, and Foreign Language
Edgenuity ONLY: For NEW WORK ONLY for Graduation
You will take these courses in Edgenuity if you NEED these course to Graduate for 2021 or 2022: Core Courses (Math, Science, Social Studies, and ELA), Health, Digital Technology, Health, Personal Fitness, Psychology, Sociology, and Visual Arts
Student Orientation or Edgenuity Check
- If you are taking Canvas courses, you will complete your assigned orientation
- If you are taking Edgenuity courses, you will preview all courses and begin working.
- If you are taking both, please do both steps.
Due by June 2, 2021
Synchronous Classes Begin for both Canvas and Edgenuity:
- You must login everyday during your class periods for Canvas and Edgenuity.
- If you are in Canvas, you will receive your Teams Link via announcements, and Canvas Email
- If you are in Edgenuity, you will receive your Teams Link via Egenuity Email until your teacher provides further direction.
After 3 days - If you miss more than 3 days, you will be dropped from the class. Monitoring of your absences will take place each day.
June 23 - 29, 2021 - EOC test will be administered F2F – The same testing protocol will be followed as during the school year.
TEST DATE TIME LOCATION American Literature June 23-24, 2021 8:00am-12:00pm *Butler or Laney Algebra IB June 28, 2021 8:00am-12:00pm *Butler or Laney Biology June 29, 2021 8:00am-12:00pm *Butler or Laney U.S. History June 29, 2021 8:00am-12:00pm *Butler or Laney
* Students who are completing the End of Course exam, should report to Butler or Laney based on the cluster listed below:
If you attend, Butler, Cross Creek, Hephzibah, Alternative School, Glenn Hills or Josey, your EOC will be given at Butler, 2011 Lumpkin Road, 30906.
If you attend, Laney, ARC, AR Johnson, Davidson, RCTCM, PLC, or Westside, your EOC will be given at Laney, 1339 Laney Walker Blvd, 30901.
July 1, 2021 - Last Day of Summer School
July 23, 2021 - Summer Graduation
Lucy C. Laney High School Gym
*Each student will receive 8 tickets
Canvas is the platform we are using for our Virtual Summer School. We are excited for our students to use Canvas!
If you are ready to log-in, watch this quick how-to video:
[Use Launchpad to access Edgenuity and Canvas Courses]
Canvas Orientations [Student and Parent]
FEV Tutor [Live virtual tutoring]
RCSS Distance Learning
Affordable Internet Services
TO ACCESS YOUR SUMMER SCHOOL COURSE
Login to your Launchpad account
Go to Infinite Campus to verify your schedule with class times
Login to Canvas and /or Edgenuity through Launchpad to view your course(s)