Welcome to 6th grade at Murphey Middle School for the 2023 - 2024 school year!!
The following below is a list of things to help your child start off being successful.
** Remember parents and students, when we start off well we should end well.
All the supplies below are needed on the 1st week of school.
- 1 inch binder w/ view = Students will need a notebook immediately
- 5-tab dividers
- paper (wide rule preferred) (2-packs to make sure they have paper all year)
- pencil sharpener with case
- colored pencils or markers
- Headphones or ear buds (No Air Pods or Wireless devices)
- (Interactive Notebook MUST be brought to class EACH day. All parents must sign up for REMIND to receive class reminders and communicate with the teacher.
To set up:
Step 1: Send a text to 81010
Step 2: Text this message: @792fk6
Step 3: You must sign up using your last name and your child's first and last name
Example: (Ms. Smith - Jimmy Apple
*** It is extremely important you sign up for Remind to get class updates, updates regarding your child's behavior, and praise reports.
****It is required for students to come into class prepared with an OPEN mind and make MISTAKES. Students learn best in math by making mistakes; therefore, discovering where they went wrong to correct their mistakes.
*****IMPORTANT = Cell phones are not allowed in the math classroom or any other parts of the building. Cell phones should be powered off and placed in the bookbag until a student gets on their bus or in their car. **********