School Overview Mission and Beliefs
The mission of Glenn Hills Elementary School is to
create a world-class school where students can flourish academically
while developing character traits that will prepare them to become lifelong learners.
The Vision of Glenn Hills Elementary School is to educate all students at his or her maximum potential to ensure that they are self-sufficient, responsible, cooperative and caring members of society.
- Every person has the right to a quality education.
- Education is the shared responsibility of the individual, home, school, and community.
- Every person can learn.
- Respect and acceptance are essential for learning and personal development.
- A safe, healthy, and orderly enviornment is essential to learning.
- Communication is the key to understanding among people.
- Excellence cannot be compromised.
- All students can learn.
- Learning is our main focus.
- A safe, positive, and nurturing environment promotes student learning.
- Students learn in different ways and should be provided with a variety of instructional strategies to support their learning.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional and intellectual needs.
- Students need to be actively involved in solving problems and producing quality work.
- Our school needs to function as a learning team and promote opportunities for all interested people to work together as a community of learners.
- Commitment to continuous improvement is imperative to enable students to become confident, self-directed, lifelong learners.