January 8, 2021
Greetings Dragon Family,
Our community has been impacted by a significant increase in COVID-19 cases. Based on current data and advice from a panel of local medical professionals, public health agencies, and hospital administrators, the Richmond County School System will proceed with the following changes for returning to school:
- All virtual students will begin instruction on Tuesday, January 12, 2021. Online teachers are calling now to facilitate online orientation!
- All Face to Face students will begin Learn@Home instruction on January 14, 2021. Teachers will support Face to Face student learning each day! Be sure to check the Week at a Glance (WAG) for each teacher’s log in link for support time.
- A grade level representative will be available January 11 - January 22, 2021 8:30am-4:00pm to assist parents with Face to Face students work pick up, textbooks distribution, registration, and orientation. A Virtual Open House will be available via Tutt’s school webpage beginning January 11, 2021.
- RCSS students in K-8, middle and high schools will tentatively allow Face to Face students to return to the building for instruction on January 26, 2021 pending further advisement from public health agencies.
- Students will be considered present for the entirety of the Learn@Home period as long as all assignments are completed.
Report Cards: Report Cards will be available for pickup January 11- January 22, 2021 8:30am-4:00pm from the grade level administrator. Remaining report cards will be mailed from Tutt to the primary address on file in Infinite Campus on January 29, 2021. Report Cards will only be released to parents/guardians. If you would like to view your report card online, you may use Infinite Campus. If you need assistance accessing Infinite Campus, please email Tutt’s Family Support Specialist Ms. Cunningham. firstname.lastname@example.org
School Property: Laptops for students returning Face to Face can be returned to the school January 11- January 22, 2021 8:30am-4:00pm. Consumables (i.e. Workbooks) do not have to be returned. Please only return school property that belong to Tutt Middle School. To see items your student has checked out follow Steps 1-4 below.
Step 1: Log into LaunchPad (https://launchpad.classlink.com/rcboe)
Step 2: Click on Follet Destiny
Step 3: Click on My Info
Step 4: Review Items Out List and Match Barcodes
Student Records Request: For any request for student record documents, contact Ms. Copeland at email@example.com in the guidance department. Parent/Guardian’s identity will be verified prior to discussing any student information.
Free Tutoring: All Richmond County Students have access to FREE tutoring 24/7! FEV Tutor provides engaging, 1-to-1 virtual tutoring services that are driven by data and personalized for each student. The result is a live service designed to truly drive student achievement gains. https://www.rcboe.org/site/Default.aspx?PageID=60670
“WiFi on Wheels”: WIFI on Wheels neighborhood access points will operate with an expanded schedule from 8:00am – 12:00pm and 1:00pm -4:00pm Monday - Friday. To find the nearest location and instructions for connecting, visit http://rcboe.info/WIFIStops
Meals: Meals will be available for school pick up or bus delivery. Parents can pick meals up from the nearest school kitchen every Tuesday and Friday between 9:00am -1:00pm. For families needing bus delivery of meals, the nearest meal stop can be located at https://rcboe.info/VirtualBusMeals or by calling the RCSS Transportation Helpline at 706-796-4777.
Transportation: Parents who need Bus stop locations and times can visit https://www.rcboe.org/Page/164 or call the RCSS Transportation Helpline at 706-796-4777.
Thank You in advance for your patience and cooperation! #DragonsROAR #StaySafe