What we will be doing....
Our class is beginning a new theme on “Our Community.” We will be exploring ideas about places in the community, people in the community, transportation, and taking care of the environment! The goal of this theme is to have children develop responsibility in their daily lives while learning good citizenship. Here are some ways you can show community involvement and teach responsibility at home.
• Take your child to community places and events, such as story hour at the public library or a high school sporting event.
• Talk about community workers, such as crossing guards and store clerks, and how to be respectful of them.
• Point out community resources that are part of your daily life, such as trash collection, mail delivery, bus service, and so on.
• Teach your child how to “Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle!”
• Give your child the responsibility of a daily job. This theme strives to make children responsible for their actions, now and in the future. The concepts and life skills they learn will be invaluable
15-16 October: School Holiday
23 - 31 October: Red Ribbon Week Starts
30 October: Halloween Dance 3:30-5:30