Degrees and Certifications:
Ms. Elaine Ward
My name is Elaine Ward. This is my 18th year in Richmond County and will be my first year at Belair K-8 and my 6th year teaching 7th grade Life Science. I have a teenage son who currently attends the Richmond County Technical Magnet High School. I have a Masters degree from Augusta State University in Middle Grades Math and Science. This year has already started off exciting and busy. I look forward to working with these 7th graders and preparing them for 8th grade. We have a lot of material to learn this year and it will mean a lot of hard work on everyone's part. Along with the hard work we will do labs, projects, foldables, and even a few edible activities.
Remind: Text @9d79d to 81010
Science Fair Project Due Dates for steps of the project:
These will be counted as separate homework grades.
- Thursday, 11/21/19 Turn in Science Fair signed parent slip.
- Monday, 12/2/19 Show your teacher your logbook (a new composition book or spiral notebook).
- Monday, 12/2/19 Turn in project idea slip.
- Friday, 01/10/20 Title, Question, Background Research (at least 2 pages), and Hypothesis. Everything should be handwritten in logbook.
- Tuesday, 01/14/20 Materials and Procedure written in logbook.
- Thursday, 01/23/20 Results and Conclusion written in logbook.
- Friday, 1/30/20 All 3 parts of science fair project are due. (Handwritten logbook, typed formal report with a cover, and neatly completed poster.)
REMINDER: You will need to turn in 3 things on Thursday, January 30:
Handwritten Logbook, Typed Formal Report in a cover, and neatly completed Poster