Hello! My name is Mrs. Bowersock and I am honored to be your child's 1st grade teacher! Warren Road Elementary is such an amazing school and I feel so blessed to be a part of the Warrior Team!
This will be my 6th year teaching and my 4th year at Warren Road Elementary School. I have taught 1st grade for all 6 years.
A first grade education builds on what a child has learned in Kindergarten, and also sets the stage for the learning that will take place in the years to come. 1st grade is such a fun grade and I know your child is going to learn so much.
Below are some of the skills and concepts that first grade students will learn:
- Become an independent reader, improve their phonics, phonemic awareness, and comprehension
- Grammar skills including capitalization and punctuation
- Handwriting skills, writing their name as well as simple words and sentences
- Math skills such as adding and subtracting single digit or small numbers, greater than and less than concepts, identifying patterns and shapes
- How to make scientific observations and record these in writing, pictures and/or graphs.
- Symbols that represent the U.S.
- Important figures and events in U.S. history
- The difference between living and nonliving things
- The importance of the sun in relation to Earth and living things
Please don't hesitate to contact me! You can reach me at 706-868-4022 or through ClassDojo!
Please encourage your child to work hard and to always do his/her very best! I’m looking forward to a great 2020-2021 school year! Together, we will make this a successful year!
Mrs. BowersockEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgGrade(s): 1st Grade1st Grade TeacherPhone Number: 706.868.4022Room 308