Our Teachers at Bayvale are "Putting on the H.I.T.S!"
Click on this link to view John Hattie's 10 High Impact Teaching Strategies: H.I.T.S
10 Mindframes for Visible Learning: Teaching for Success, by John Hattie and Klaus Zierer, is a compelling read, and more accessible than some of Hattie’s previous books. Organized into eleven chapters – the ten mindframes and the authors’ vision for education for all students – the book is one of those “must reads” for all teachers and leaders committed to professional growth
The 10 Mindframes
- I am an evaluator of my impact on student learning.
- I see assessment as informing my impact and next steps.
- I collaborate with my peers and my students about my conceptions of progress and my impact.
- I am a change agent and believe all students can improve.
- I strive for challenge and not merely ‘doing your best’
- I gave and help students understand feedback and I interpret and act on feedback given to me.
- I engage as much in dialogue and monologue.
- I explicitly inform students what successful impact looks like from the outset.
- I build relationships and trust so that learning can occur in a place where it is safe to make mistakes and learn from others.
- I focus on learning and the language of learn