Hephzibah Middle School
Building a globally competitive school system that educates the whole child through teaching, learning, collaboration, and innovation.
HELLO, my name is Dapheny Janice and I am your child’s 8th Grade Math Teacher. I am married with two children. My favorite thing to do is make custom jewelry. My goal is to help each student succeed to his or her fullest potential and I will do what I can to make sure that happens. I provide a variety of activities to engage and enrich all of my students. I will be available to provide extra assistance to any student when requested. Please read and review the following information regarding classroom and teacher expectations. Also complete the class contract attached and return as soon as possible. I am looking forward to a very rewarding year for your child in their academic endeavors.
Be on time
Respect yourself and others
Enter Class room quietly
Keep a positive attitude
Raise your hand to address the teacher
Follow all directions the first time they are given
1st offense- Verbal Warning
2nd offense- Think time/opportunity to redirect behavior
3rd offense - Phone call home.
If the infractions continue the student will be referred to the principal’s office for further disciplinary action.
Grades will be based on class work, homework, projects, notebook/folders, tests and quizzes. Grades will be current on the Parent Portal. Please check grades on a regular basis.
Major Grades 40%
Minor Grades 60%
Make Up Work
It is the student’s responsibility to follow up on missed assignments. You will be given a reasonable amount of time to complete missing work. Daily lessons will be posted on teacher’s page: https://www.rcboe.org/Domain/16054 . Daily Lessons tab is located at the bottom left corner.
Parent/Teacher/ Student Communication
Parent support will be greatly appreciated throughout the entire school year as students introduced to very different technique of learning. Thank you for your support. I am looking forward to a great year with everyone. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me via remind @ https://www.remind.com/classes/mrsdjanice or text @mrsdjanie to 81010.
8th Grade Parent, Student, Teacher Contract
As a parent/guardian, I will:
- Show respect and support for my child, the teachers, and the school.
- Support the school's discipline policy.
- Attend parent-teacher conferences.
- Talk with my child each day about his or her school activities.
As a student, I will:
- Always try to do my best work.
- Be kind and helpful to my classmates.
- Show respect for myself, my school, and other people.
- Obey classroom, school, and bus rules.
- Show respect for property by not stealing or vandalizing.
- Come to school prepared with my homework and my supplies.
- Believe that I can and will learn.
- Spend at least 15 minutes each day studying home.
- Talk with my parents each day about my school activities.
As a teacher, I will:
- Show respect for each child and for his or her family.
- Make efficient use of learning time.
- Provide a safe and comfortable environment that's conducive to learning.
- Help each child grow to his or her fullest potential.
- Provide meaningful and appropriate homework activities.
- Enforce school and classroom rules fairly and consistently.
- Supply students and parents with clear evaluations of progress and achievements.
- Demonstrate professional behavior and a positive attitude.
Parent signature Date
Student signature Date
Teacher signature Date
Click here to download the syllabus