Any student applying to college will need to fill out the FAFSA form to get financial aid from the government. You will need to:
- Go to fafsa.gov
- Create an FSA ID (both the student and guardian will need one)
- Choose the appropriate school year (2021-2022 for fall admission). If you are taking summer classes prior to entering in the fall, you will need to fill out a 2020-2021 application.
- Fill out the information requested (i.e. name, social security, residency info, etc.)
- Complete the financial section using your guardian's tax information from the 2019 return
- Complete the application by signing it using your FSA ID. ** Both student and guardian will need to sign the application
- Send your FAFSA to up to 10 schools in which you are applying