- All children are unique and should be treated with respect and dignity.
- Every student can succeed.
- Learning is a lifelong process.
- Fostering a positive self-image is the collaborative effort of the school, home, and community which leads to responsible and productive citizenship.
- The diverse needs of all students will be addressed through the school counseling program.
- Every student needs appropriate personal and social skills to achieve full benefits from the educational program.
- A comprehensive, developmental school counseling program is not a support service but an integral part of the total education program.