Hello! My name is Lauren Hatcher and I am honored to be your child's 1st grade teacher! Warren Road Elementary is such an amazing school and I feel so blessed to be a part of the Warrior Team!
This will be my 8th year teaching and my 2nd year at Warren Road Elementary School. During my teaching career, I have taught 1st grade and Kindergarten. I was born and raised in Augusta, GA and graduated from Augusta University. I love spending time with my family and my dog, Rocco.
Going from Kindergarten to First Grade is a big transition for students and their parents. A first grade education builds on what a child has learned in Kindergarten, and also sets the stage for the learning that will take place in the years to come. 1st grade is such a fun grade and I know your child is going to learn so much.
Below are some of the skills and concepts that first grade students will learn:
- Become an independent reader, improve their phonics, phonemic awareness, and comprehension
- Grammar skills including capitalization and punctuation
- Handwriting skills, writing their name as well as simple words and sentences
- Math skills such as adding and subtracting single digit or small numbers, greater than and less than concepts, identifying patterns and shapes
- How to make scientific observations and record these in writing, pictures and/or graphs.
- Symbols that represent the U.S.
- Important figures and events in U.S. history
- The difference between living and nonliving things
- The importance of the sun in relation to Earth and living things
Please don't hesitate to contact me! You can reach me at 706.868.4022 or through ClassDojo!
Please encourage your child to work hard and to always do his/her very best! I’m looking forward to a great 2020-2021 school year! Together, we will make this a successful year!