Coach Anderson's Health Course
Health Education Syllabus
Title: Health Education (.5 credit)
Location: Room 817 (NEW GYM)
Instructor: Coach Anderson
Planning Period: 7th period
THIS CLASS IS A GRADUATION REQUIREMENT AT THE HIGH SCHOOL LEVEL
This course is designed to prepare students for lifelong decision-making and problem-solving skills related to health and wellness issues impacting individuals and families. The primary emphasis is on enabling students to assume an active role in developing healthy lifestyles. The curriculum includes the following:
- mental health and wellness
- alcohol and drug education
- diseases and body systems
- cardiopulmonary resuscitation,
- human sexuality, social and personal responsibility
- accessing community health resources
You will also take the ADAP for your drivers permit certificate and Hands only CPR certification.
MATERIALS NEEDED EACH DAY:
- Spiral Notebook(stays in classroom), Pen or Pencil & Laptop.
- Thursday & Friday Tennis shoes for Fitness Lab in gym
- Students will bring their laptop, and a pen or pencil every day.
- Students will save all class notes in their spiral notebook which remains in the classroom.
- Students will be on time in their seats and prepared to begin when the bell rings.
- Students will show respect to both the teacher and fellow students.
- Cell phones and/or other electronic devices are NOT ALLOWED unless for instructional purposes.
- Devices are NOT to be plugged into the outlets unless permission is given by the Instructor.
- NO FOOD or DRINKS allowed in the classroom
- Do not lay your head down on the desk or sleep. If you are ill, arrangements will be made to contact the nurse and let you call home.
- Come ready to learn and expecting to be challenged!
Your grade will be an accumulation of points on the following
MAJOR GRADES: 40% of grades include Chapter-Tests, project-based assignments and other assignments to measure mastery of the target learning goals.
MINOR GRADES: 60% of grades include quizzes, notebook checks & participation in fitness activities in the gym/outdoors. This will include the Skill Based Health Lab in gym on Thursdays & Fridays.
A = 90-100 B=80-89 C=75-79 D=70-74 F=69-below
Tardy & Absence Policy:
- We will follow school and district procedures involving absence & tardies.
- If absent, it is the student’s responsibility to speak with the teacher about work missed and make it up.
PLEASE RETURN NEXT PAGE SIGNED AND FILLED OUT
PARENT/GUARDIAN CONTACT INFORMATION
Parents/Guardians: Please fill out the following information below and return to school with your student by August 31, 2023 (Hard copy will also be provided)
Please do not hesitate to email or phone me if you have any questions.
WE HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE HEALTH CLASS INFORMATION
STUDENT NAME Print:________________________________________________
PARENT/GUARDIAN NAMES: Print:________________________________________
HOME PHONE: _____________________________________________________
WORK PHONE: _____________________________________________________
Please let me know if there is any other information I should know about your student to help him/her be more successful in this class. Or you may email me at email@example.com