We are excited that you are interested in the admissions process for John S. Davidson Fine Arts School. Established in 1981, Davidson Fine Arts is a public magnet school in Richmond County School System serving over 800 students in grades 6-12. Students are admitted on selective creiteria based upon prior school record, good character, and an audition in five fine arts areas (music, dance, drama, art, and creative writing). Those attending Davidson are expected to explore all fine arts areas, but they may specialize in one or more fields during their high school years. Courses are tracked from introductory/exploratory to advanced levels in each area.
- The on-line application process takes place once a year. The on-line application can be found on the Richmond County School System webpage each year. The on-line application is available in November and closes the second week of January. For specific dates each year, visit the Richmond County School System website.
- For a competitive application, students should have a final average of 80 in all core subjects (math/reading/science/social studies) and conduct (grade 6) from the previous school year.
- Applicants must be residents of Richmond County to enroll in any RCSS magnet school or specialized program.
- All applicants must participate in the system-wide reading and math assesment (usually held the end of January). The testing date, time, and location will be selected when completing the on-line application.
- Applicants that meet the requirements on the system-wide reading and math assesment will be invited to participate in the required Davidson auditon (held on a specific day in February). For the specific audition day each year, refer to the website.
- Applicants will be notified by mail if accepted to Davidson the beginning of March. Registration and selecting classes will be held the middle of March and is conditional until final grades are received in June. Students should have a final average of 80 in all core subjects (math/reading/sicne/social studies).
Thank you for visiting our website. We look forward to meeting you soon!