Distance Learning Week 3
Folger’s Distance Learning Solo Choreography Project
Dancer’s, this project should be a fun assignment to work on this week, however, it is an important one that you should work on a little each day. It will count as your Daily Participation Grade, a Homework grade AND as a Test grade. Your completed project should be emailed to me at firstname.lastname@example.org and should be received by 11:59pm on Friday, April 3rd. Have fun and keep dancing!
Below please find the guidelines for this project. If you are a Tap/Jazz student, you may choose which dance genre you’d like to perform; however, please DO NOT wear tap shoes inside as they will scratch up your family’s flooring. A smooth garage floor or driveway will usually work, or a piece of plywood also makes a great tap dancing surface. If you are a ballet student, obviously you’ll need to perform ballet choreography. If you take 2 classes with me, you only have to do this project once, but it needs to be really good as it will count for both classes.J
- Select music with a “Quarantine” theme in mind. (for example: “We’re All In This Together” from High School Musical, “All By Myself” by Celine Dion, “Survivor” by Destiny’s Child… have fun, be creative!) Once you have firmly chosen a song, email me the title and artist of your selection and I will count it as your Homework grade. This is due NO LATER than Wednesday, April 1st. (I will happily accept it earlier.)
- Your dance must be a minimum of 1 minute and 30 seconds in length. Be sure to keep dancing until there is a natural stopping point in the music, don’t just stop in the middle of a phrase.
- This dance should be your own choreography! No TikToks or previously learned choreo. allowed. (You may use excerpts from class choreography/technique exercises.)
- This dance should include level changes and traveling steps.
- This dance should be “costumed” with an explanation in the video as to why you chose the clothes you’re dancing in.
- Lastly the video must include:
- Your name and class period
- The style of dance you will be performing
- The title and artist of the music you’ve selected
- An explanation of your “costume” choice
- The dance
Again, I hope you have fun doing this assignment. Use it as stress relief, a boredom buster, a chance to keep dancing. Just know that I miss seeing you and can’t wait until we’re together again…I hope it’s soon!! Love you! ~Mrs. Folger