Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Jennifer Knight
Hello! My name is Jennifer Knight, and I teach 8th grade Language Arts and 6th grade Study Skills at Davidson. This is my first year at DFA and my 26th in the classroom. I have taught all high school ELA grades and levels, French I, SAT Prep, Yearbook, Creative Writing, and Credit Recovery classes. Additionally, I have been a Teacher of the Year, a Senior Project Coordinator, a yearbook sponsor, a graduation coordinator, and a club sponsor, to name a few. I have a tremendous passion for the written word, and I love having conversations with others about meaningful literature. I look forward to a wonderful year with your child at DFA!
Please feel free to contact me if I can help in any way.
Online learning-The Week 3 assignments are attached to the class calendar and uploaded to the documents list below. Click where it says "Click here," and the assignments document will show to download.
*All weekly assignments can be completed on a cellular device if home technology is in high demand.
Email/text with any questions=8 am-10 pm.
Don't forget to visit our new page...
Quarantine Learning Opportunities!
(Fun and interactive activities for the bored student at home!)
Nuggets for Success in Mrs. Knight's class:
1) Check the website daily, and work ahead where possible. The website is updated weekly, as well as every time something changes. It can be extremely helpful if you check for upcoming quizzes, tests, and projects. That way, you can work ahead and not leave a big bunch of homework for the night before something is due. Also, see suggestion 1 above. Email with questions. Most importantly, any documents given or gone over in class will be posted on the website. You can find an extra copy there.
2) Maintain effective communication with Mrs. Knight. Email or send a Remind text with any questions you have about an assignment or upcoming quiz or test.
3) Check your Infinite Campus every one to two days. Knowing where you are with your class average on a regular basis can help you maintain it or improve it when needed. Additionally, you can check for missing work.
4) Join my Remind. I send out valuable text reminders and communication. You can also text me with questions. To sign up, text @8theladfa to 81010. Follow the directions to join.
5) Attend tutoring. Any time you are encountering something in class that you struggle with, it is a good idea to attend tutoring with Mrs. Knight. My tutoring hours are Mondays and Wednesdays from 3:45-4:30 (NEW END TIME!!!), or by appointment. Be prepared to let me know what you need help with upon your arrival. You are welcome to use the time to work, read, get caught up, etc, as well
6) Be proactive about makeup work when absent. Check the class website, email Mrs. Knight, or speak to her before or after class for missing work.
7) Maintain your class agenda. It is helpful to have a list of tasks to check off at home each night as you work on homework and upcoming assignments.
8) Turn in missing work, even if it is late. Any time you miss turning in an assignment, take the time to get it done and submit it to Mrs. Knight for late credit.
9) BE PROACTIVE, NOT REACTIVE! That philosphy makes for successful academic performance in a class.