Vision: The Richmond County School System will provide an equitable education for all students to prepare them for life beyond the classroom.
Mission: Building a globally competitive school system that educates the whole child through teaching, learning, collaboration, and innovation.
Westside, for the 8th year in a row, is recognized as an
AP Honor School both as an AP STEM School and AP Challenge School!
Peach State Federal Credit Union Scholarship Program
It’s scholarship time at Peach State Federal Credit Union! For our 2022 Scholarship Program, we are awarding almost $200,000 in scholarships and educational grants which include:
Each of these scholarships will be awarded to a Richmond County High School graduate on the basis of financial need, academic credentials, and a demonstrated commitment to community service. All scholarship winners will be chosen by March 31, 2022 and notified shortly thereafter.
Please note: students should not submit multiple applications for our scholarships. Their application will be considered for any scholarship for which they are eligible (award amounts may vary). Applications to more than one of our scholarships will not increase eligibility or chances of being selected.
The Women in Defense Augusta Chapter (WID AC), under the auspices of the Women in Defense (WID)(1985), the National Defense Industrial Association (NDIA) (1919) Affiliate, established
the WID AC Scholarship Program to recognize, encourage, and stimulate scientific achievements which contribute to broadening knowledge and technical development within the fields of importance to national security and national security industries. This includes both military and non-military dimensions of national security, such as economic, energy, infrastructure, environmental, food, border, and computer and cyber security.
In honor of Grace Brewster Murray Hopper (1906-1992), former United States Navy Rear Admiral, mathematician, computer scientist, and educator, the WID AC created the 2020 Grace Brewster Murray Hopper Scholarship to acknowledge her talent, vision, persistence, and dedication to computing, education, and service (1943-1986) to the nation.
The 2021 Grace Brewster Murray Hopper Scholarship of $500 will be awarded to qualifying female high school seniors who have exemplified skills in applying the sciences, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics to areas of national security.
Applicants must submit the completed application with all required information no later than 11:59 P.M. EST on THURSDAY 24 MARCH 2022. Click HERE to apply!
Paid Summer 2022 Apprenticeship Available for a High School Student at Augusta University
• Paid apprenticeship position for one (1) high school student is available on a nationwide competitive basis in the laboratory of Dr. Jay Hegdé at the Medical College of Georgia (MCG) at Augusta University (AU) in Augusta, GA.
•Sponsored by the High School Apprenticeship Program of the U.S. Army Educational Outreach Program (AEOP) (www.usaeop.com).
• The apprentices will have an opportunity to carry out hands-on brain research and to learn cutting-edge research methods. For additional information about our research, please visit www.hegde.us.
• Each apprentice will be paid up to $3000 for 300 hours (8-10 weeks) of research work carried out at AU during the summer of 2022.
• Highly motivated students 16 years of age or older interested in STEM research are encouraged to apply, regardless of their GPA.
• To view all the eligibility requirements and to apply, please visit https://www.usaeop.com/program/high-school-apprenticeships/ (look for the yellow “APPLY NOW” tab at the bottom of the page).
• The application portal is open now, and will close on February 28, 2022. For additional information, please visit the AEOP website noted above or contact Dr. Hegdé at firstname.lastname@example.org or (706)721-5129.
The ACT (American College Testing) and
The College Board (SAT, PSAT, AP)
Fee Waiver Program
The ACT (American College Testing) and The College Board (SAT, PSAT, AP) offer fee waivers to waive or reduce the cost of the ACT, SAT, AP, and PSAT exams for students from families who qualify. Qualifying students should speak with their counselors about fee waivers for these examinations.