Welcome to Westside High School
This year will be very exciting as you enter high school. It will be very important to make wise and positive decisions for the challenges that you will encounter. Here are some helpful tips:
- Get to know your Guidance Counselor. She will be an asset to your experience.
- Remember your Grade Point Average (GPA) begins the first day of school
- Come to school each day on time ~ Attendance Matters!
- Set academic goals for each subject area
- Be prepared for class and don't be afraid to ask questions
- Attend teacher tutoring or help sessions
- Monitor your grades through Infinite Campus
- Keep up with daily and long range assignments
- Study in advance for tests and complete homework assignments daily
- Become familiar with the requirements for graduation -- see guidance website for links
- Get Involved -- join clubs, attend school activities, try out for athletic teams and participate in community service activities
- Meet new people
- Create or Update your account https://www.gafutures.org
- Explore different career choices through Georgia Futures, guidance links, and your College Advisor, Ms. Jessica Taylor
- Research college, universities, military branches, and other post-secondary options through Georgia Futures, guidance links, and your College Advisor, Ms. Jessica Taylor
- Parents contact the Guidance Secretary, Mrs. Brooks, to set up conferences (706-868-4030 ext. 1101). Students are encouraged to attend.
- Parents be aware of dates for Richmond County Progress Reports and Report Cards (they won't change) -- visit the school calendar for dates
- Parents monitor your child's grades and attendance on Infinite Campus