Text Book: "College Physics:AP Edition" by Etkina, Gentile, Van Heuvelen
Sign up for Remind
or use CODE: @ehf83k
I am available via email, Remind, and test (706)503-4110
1. Read "The Physics of Super Heroes" by James Kakalios and write a ten paragraph summary. first intro, 2 paragraphs for each of the four sections and the last a conclussion.
2. Complete the following: Re-arranging Algebraic Formulas
Summer assignment is due the third day of class.
color pencils, pencils, red/black pen, protractor, graphing paper, filler paper, composition books (1 graph, 2 college rule) 1"-2" three-ring binder
scientific calculator (I recomend Texas Instrument TI-30X) Graphing Calculators will NOT be allowed.
ASSIGNMENTS (all dates are hard deadlines 11.59pm)
Two College Board Online Assessments Due Wednesday 3/18 (in open now)
Edgenuity: Williams Physics Waves Sound Light (two sections)
This unit it in two sections. The "Wave and Sound" section is due 3/21
The second section is due 3/25
NewsELA weekly reading due Thursday at 11:59pm
Second Assignment: March 30th-April 3rd
Complete the five FRQ. (1 each day) After doing it, use the College Board Grading Rubric, grade the "studnt samples" and then your own answer. After grading it. Send a picture of all of them completed to my email. Due: Friday at 11:59pm
Third Assignment: April 13 to April 19 (due by 11:45 pm)
Complete the four FRQs , correct using the "answer key" and email your answers to me.
On the College Board there are four online assessments that are unlocked. These will be open til 4/19 at 11:45pm. The go over Energy (unit 4) amd Momentum/Impulse (unit 5)
Also, start watching the APP1 YouTube lectures. Take notes on each video. Organize them neatly because you will be allowed to use them for the APP1 Exam. APP1 Lectures
AP Physics 1 Exam Information: Thursday, May 14th at 4pm
1. The exam will be 45min with two FRQ's , a 25 min FRQ and a 15 min FRQ. You will have to manage time.
2. You will use only one device to receive the questions and submit them.
3. You can either type the response or handwrite the reponse (take picture and submit)
4. You are allowed to use books and notes. Questions will be more "application" based
5. Mentioned they will use plagarism detecting software and other techniques to identify cheaters
6. Students are not allowed to communicate with other people during the test period
7. College Board is developing a "simulation" or practice exam....... when they do, do it!
College Board update page here.
Conceptual Question of the Day
Write the question, including all responses and any diagrams, circle the answer you picke, and write down the correct answer and the reason for it daily Monday-Friday (school days) in a composition book. Only one question per page and make sure the date is written at the top of the page. Questions will be collected at the end of the quarter for a quiz grade.
Due: 3rd Quarter: Hard Deadline Friday 8 May 2020 (no credit after this date) beginning or YOUR class period
Will start collecting on 6 May 2020
questions from 11 March to 6 May 2020