Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Vakesa Hawthorne
Welcome to my page! This is my 15th year in the education field and I am proud to say that I have served Richmond Academy for 13 of the 15 years. I am also an alumna of the Academy of Richmond County. I earned my Bachlors degree from Georgia Southern University and I am currently working on my Masters from the same institution. Please feel free to browse through my page and if you have any questions that could not be answered, do not hesitate to email me for more infromation.
As of April 2, 2020, I am experiencing some technical issues with Remind right now. If you need to get in contact with me, please email me. I will send out a message through Remind once I am back up and running.
During the school closure, all of my Pre-Calculus students will have assignments available on Khan Academy. If you were absent on Monday, March 16 or have misplaced your login info, please email me or contact me through Remind. Although there are enough assignments for the remainder of the school year available, the due dates for those assignments are as follows:
- Week 1: The first 17 assignments are due on Monday, March 23rd. The last of the 17 assignments is quiz 1. There are 4 articles, 7 videos , 5 exercise sets and 1 quiz in this group.
- Week 2: The next 8 assignments are due on Monday, March 30th. The last of the 8 assignments is quiz 2. There are 0 articles, 3 videos, 4 exercise sets and 1 quiz in this group.
- Week 3: The next 15 assignments are due on Monday, April 6th. The last of the 15 assignments is quiz 3. There are 3 articles, 6 videos, 5 exercise sets and 1 quiz in this group.
- Week 4: SPRING BREAK - ENJOY YOURSELF
- Week 5: The next 10 assignments are due on Monday, April 20th. The last of the 10 assignments is quiz 4. There are 2 articles, 3 videos, 4 exercise sets and 1 quiz in this group.
Here at ARC we are Accountable Respectful and Committed.
Mission: Building a world-class school system through education, collaboration and innovation.
Vision: RCSS will create a world-class, globally competitive school system where all students will graduate and are college/career ready.
Goal Areas: High Academic Achievement and Success, Community Engagement, Communication, High Performing Culture and Workforce, and Operational Effectiveness
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgGrade(s): 9-12Subject(s): Pre-CalculusTutoring Hours: Monday & Wednesday 3:15 pm - 4:00 pmRemind Info: If you do not have the app, you will need to text the following code to the number 810101st Pd: @vh1sted2nd Pd: @vhprecal24th Pd: @vhprecal45th Pd: @vhprecal5