Learn At Home
Our community has been impacted by a significant increase in COVID-19 cases. Based on current data and advice from a panel of local medical professionals, public health agencies, and hospital administrators, the Richmond County School System will proceed with the following changes for returning to school:
- All virtual students will begin instruction on Tuesday, January 12, 2021.
- All Face to Face students will begin Learn@Home instruction on January 14, 2021. Teachers will support student learning each day.
- Schools will coordinate time for Face to Face Students to pick up textbooks and resources, register, complete orientation and Open House between January 11-13, 2021.
- RCSS elementary school students will tentatively resume Face to Face instruction on January 25, 2021 pending further advisement from public health agencies.
- RCSS students in K-8, middle and high schools will tentatively resume Face to Face instruction on January 26, 2021 pending further advisement from public health agencies.
Students will be considered present for the entirety of the Learn@Home period as long as all assignments are completed. Meals will be available for school pick up or bus delivery. Parents can pick meals up from the nearest school kitchen every Tuesday and Friday between 9:00am -1:00pm. For families needing bus delivery of meals, the nearest meal stop can be located at https://rcboe.info/VirtualBusMeals or by calling the RCSS Transportation Helpline at 706-796-4777.
Teachers will support student learning during the Learn@Home period. Additional resources to support learning and instruction for Face to Face students include FEV tutoring, WIFI on Wheels and digital learning supports. During the Learn@Home period, WIFI on Wheels neighborhood access points will operate with an expanded schedule from 8:00am – 12:00pm and 1:00pm -4:00pm Monday - Friday. To find the nearest location and instructions for connecting, visit http://rcboe.info/WIFIStops.
Parents should expect detailed updates regarding the resource pick up, orientation and Open House from their school(s) this week. Additional updates about school system operations and the return to face to face instruction will be provided by RCSS on Wednesday, January 20, 2021. We will continue to work closely with local public health officials to ensure to act in the best interest of our students, teachers and staff.