COVID-19 Safety for our Schools
Our school district’s response continues to focus on minimizing the risk to students, employees, and families while keeping disruptions to instruction to a minimum. In addition, we are committed to keeping our stakeholders informed about the steps RCSS is taking to address COVID-19 concerns.
We continue to educate our students and staff about the importance of frequent handwashing, covering coughs and sneezes, and the need to stay home if one is ill.
Cleaning and Sanitizing
- In addition, our custodians have reviewed proper cleaning and disinfecting procedures and are paying particular attention to high-touch surfaces (like doorknobs, faucet handles, etc.). RCSS follows the Georgia Department of Public Health guidance regarding additional cleaning measures.
- Hand sanitizing stations are set up throughout the halls of our schools and offices.
- Water fountains are not accessible. Students are encouraged to bring water containers from home and schools have touchless water fountains for students to refill water bottles. Disposable water bottles are also available.
- Classrooms and school cafeterias have been designed for physical and social distancing where possible.
- Students and staff are required to wear masks when social distancing is not possible.
- Drivers and riders are required to wear masks while they are being transported on a bus. Students are issued a mask as they board the bus if they do not have one.
- Hand sanitizer is available on our buses.
- We are in close contact with the Department of Public Health. We exchange information about all suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19. The school system follows guidance of public health officials regarding testing and quarantine protocols to protect the health and safety of our students, staff, and community.
Daily Symptom Checklist
- If a student is sick or experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, is awaiting test results, or has been directed to self-isolate, that student should not report to school.
- RCSS has suspended student field trips, school-related travel, and work-related travel by employees.