Georgia Department of Education and Georgia Department of Public Health Guidance
US CDC Guidance
24/7 GA Public Health Hotline
Back To School Resources for RCSS Families
To prepare for the start of the 2020-2021 school year, we know there is a lot to consider as you make the best decision for your children as they return to school. The Richmond County School System is preparing to reopen schools for in-person, onsite instruction on Tuesday, September 8, 2020. This webpage has links to the most up-to-date information about back-to-school options and coronavirus information impacting the school system. We have also linked to guidance documents from federal and state officials to help inform your decision.
The following principles have guided our process and plans for the 2020-2021 school year:
- Quality Instruction
- Equity for all Students
- Safety, Health, and Wellness
- Partnering with Families
Due to the nature of coronavirus, conditions can change quickly. Our plans for the safe return to school include the ability to transition quickly from a traditional model to a hybrid model or virtual model to protect the health and wellness of students, staff, and community.
Richmond County School System is offering families the following options for the 2020-2021 School Year:
- Traditional (Face-to-Face): Monday - Friday (PK-12)
- Virtual Learning/Online (K-12)
What does this mean for my family?
- If your student is returning to a Richmond County School System School, you do not need to do anything. As in previous years, your student is automatically registered to start school. Make sure your contact information is current in Infinite Campus to receive important updates about open house and supply lists.
- If your student will be attending a Richmond County School for in-person instruction for the first time, please access Registration Central to complete registration for the 2020-2021 school year.
- If your student will be attending the Richmond County School System Online Academy to start the 2020-2021 school year, please click the link to the left for additional information and to complete registration by July 27.