Children must be four years of age on September 1, 2020, based on acceptable documentation, such as birth certificates, certificates of live birth, passports, official medical documents, legal documents, or official documents from other countries. Children who are five years of age on September 1, 2020, and have not attended Georgia’s Pre-K Program as four-year-olds, may enroll in the Pre-K program. Parents and teachers are encouraged to consider the child’s date of birth, physical maturity, emotional maturity and prior experiences when making the decision to enroll the child in the Pre-K program at age four or age
- Complete an online application by clicking on the Pre-K Online Link.
- All students MUST have an application completed in order for their names to be a part of the Pre-K Lottery.
- At the close of Pre-K registration, students will be assigned a slot and parents will be notified. All assignments will be done via SMART CHOICE. All school assignments will be computer generated.
- If you have requested placement for a school that is out of your school zone, you will be responsible for providing transportation.
- If you need computer access, you may come to the RCBOE at 864 Broad St., 2nd Floor, The Teaching & Learning Dept.
- Late Registration: If you fail to register by the March 2nd deadline, you will need to contact the Pre-K Department at 706-826-1102 or your preferred Pre-K site to see if there are any available slots. Your child will automatically be placed on a wait list if no slots are available.
REMINDER: C.T. Walker does not have a Pre-K Program
***Proof of Residency and Age must be on file the first day the child starts the program.***
Proof of Residency (Required at time of registration)
- Current mortgage statement/lease agreement
- Current utility bill for address of service
- Current vehicle registration
Proof of Age (Student only & required at time of registration):
- Original Birth Certificate (no copies)
Other Documentation due during the school year (not required at time of registration):
- Social Security Card or Social Security Waiver Form (provided by Bright from the Start)
- GA Form 3231- Immunization (Due First 30 days of school)
- GA Form 3300- Eye, Ear, Dental, and Nutrition Screening (Due First 90 days of school)