SLANT for ONLINE Success!!
SPACE for learning:
• Set up a work space with all the school supplies you may need. Paper, pencils, pens, markers and textbooks, worksheets etc. when attending class.
• Have a nice stable flat surface to write on. This will make it easy to take notes or do classwork.
• Make sure your work space is comfortable, well lit, minimal distractions and have a good connection for audio and video.
LOOK at your screen:
• Close all distracting tabs that you don't need. This will help you pay attention to the one you are working with.
• Turn off phones and TV's. This will help keep down distractions so you can concentrate on your school work.
• Use split screens if your teacher directs you to other pages during your lessons.
• Raise your hand and wait to be called on. Make sure you have your microphone on and volume turned up.
• Use chat rooms where possible.
• Make sure you ask about content studies and access to web links.
NOD your head
• Be brave and turn your camera on. Let your teacher see your face.
• React to your teacher with facial expressions. Let them know you are paying attention.
• Use EMOJIs or NOD when chatting if you are not using your camera.
TALK to others:
• You will be called on to speak and answer questions...Be prepared.
• Participate in class. Stay active, on task and appropriate.
• Be active in breakout rooms with classmates. Stay in touch!