Processes and Procedures for Requesting Strategic Waivers
Process for Approval of SWSS Waivers
- Requests for Waivers will be submitted to the Accountability Department using the links on https://www.rcboe.org/Page/8313. Please note there are different links to forms requesting Certification waivers, Class Size and School Day/Year waivers, and all other SWSS waivers.
- Once the Accountability Department has received the Request for Waivers, the department will review and fill out a form to determine if the waiver is permissible according to the terms of the SWSS Contract and to determine the other stakeholders who need to review the Request for Waiver.
- If other departments or stakeholders need to review the Request for Waiver, the Accountability Department will meet with those stakeholders to provide and review the Request for Waiver.
- Once the Request for Waiver has been reviewed by all stakeholders, the completed form with a recommendation for Disapproval, Approval, or Approval with Conditions will be given to the Area Assistant Superintendent for review. If the Request for Waiver is recommended for Disapproval or Approval with Conditions, the Area Assistant Superintendent will be apprised of the reason for the recommendation. The Principal will be notified of those reasons and given an opportunity to correct any suggested issues and resubmit the Request for Waiver with the corrections.
- The Area Assistant Superintendent will review and present the Request for Waiver to the Senior Team of the Superintendent for final approval. If approved, the Area Assistant Superintendent will notify the Principal. If not approved, the Area Assistant Superintendent will notify the Principal of the reasons and the Principal will be given an opportunity to correct any suggested issues and resubmit the Request for Waiver with the corrections.
- If approved by the Senior Team of the Superintendent, the Principal will document and monitor the use of the SWSS Waiver in the School Improvement Plan for the duration of the SWSS Waiver. The Accountability Department will keep a list of all SWSS Waivers requested and the recommendation on file and posted on the Accountability Department’s website for all logged-in users.