School Social Work
School Social Workers are, at minimum, master’s level professionals who hold a Service Certificate (level S-5, S-6, or S-7) from the Professional Standards Commission. School Social Workers have attained a master’s degree in a practice-oriented and researchbased program approved by the Council of Social Work Education.
Thomas, Larina Ph.D SSW Supervisor
Mungo, Kimberly Ed.S.
Success Center Program Administrator
~ SCHOOL SOCIAL WORKERS
Barnwell-Dunn, Lydia MSW
Bayvale ES, Lamar Milledge ES, Meadowbrook ES, RCTCM
Cheek, Kelly LMSW
Warren Road ES, Tutt MS, Westside HS
Coronel, LaShaun LMSW
Hephzibah ES, Hephzibah MS, Hephzibah HS
Fisher, Colleen MSW
Jenkins-White ES, Wheeless Road ES, Laney HS
Frails, Kiara MSW
Outreach - Success Center
Gillians, Tiffany MSW
Hornsby ES, Hornsby MS, Wilkinson Gardens ES
Hawkins, Carolyn "Danielle" LMSW
Academy of Richmond County
Hilton, Te-Audrea LMSW
Reynolds ES, Belair K-8, Freedom Park K-8
LaBrane, Kemoy MSW
Hains ES, Richmond Hill K-8, Butler HS
Lewis, Jessica MSW
Blythe ES, McBean ES
Moseley, Ashley LMSW
Glenn Hills ES, Glenn Hills MS, Glenn Hills HS
Motley, Krishell MSW
C.T. Walker Magnet, Garrett ES, eSchool, Jamestown, Davdison Magnet
Murray, Octavius MSW
Murphey MS, T.W. Josey, A.R. Johnson Engineering Magnet
Palmer, Crystal MSW
McKinney Vento Homeless Case Manager @ Success Center
Prince, Roshelle MSW, Ed.S
Goshen ES, Tobacco Road ES, Cross Creek HS
Simmons, Emma LMSW
A.B. Merry ES, Diamond Lakes ES, Spirit Creek MS
Snead, Kyalyn MSW
Alternative School, PLC Blended, RPM
Tabanico-Gadson, Megan MSW
Barton Chapel ES, Deer Chase ES, Gracewood ES, Pine Hill MS
Whitaker, Dametria MSW
Copeland ES, Lake Forest Hills ES, Langford MS, Monte Sano ES
~ COURT LIASIONS
706-826-1310, ext. 5286
706-826-1310, ext. 5381
706-826-1310, ext. 5660
Fax number: 706-826-4626
The School Social Worker facilitates the educational and individual potential of students by providing services, linking the home-school-community, and mitigating barriers to promote school success.
- The School Social Worker will collaborate and consult with students, parents, school administrators, faculty, and the community to identify needs of students and families to provide supportive services
- The School Social Worker will provide appropriate interventions and services that support children and families who are at risk for educational failure.
- School Social Workers develop relationships with students and families to facilitate the desired changes identified by the student, family, and school.
School social workers serve as link between the home, school, and community. They work to ensure that students remain in school and graduate, reach their fullest academic potential, and grow socially and emotionally. School social workers support students’ thriving in schools by mitigating barriers that hinder student performance.
School social workers’ services include, but are not limited to:
- Individual and Group Counseling
- Parenting Enhancement Training
- Behavior/Student Mental Health Support
- Parent Support Groups
- Crisis Intervention
- Dropout Prevention
- Staff Development and Training
- Home Visits
- DFACS/Juvenile Court Liaisons
- Referrals to community resources
What can my school social worker help me with?
- Assist students with hard & soft skills: academics, organization and social skills
- Drop-out prevention alternatives
- Behavioral management, communication, social and self-management skills and interventions.
- Parent trainings – truancy, McKinney-Vento, parenting, understanding the RtI process, parents rights & responsibilities and other related topics.
- Crisis intervention
- Homeless assistance
- Advocacy & support during school meetings
- Targeted group counseling – anger management, career pathways, social skills and other topics.
- Assisting with “At-Risk” groups
- Conflict resolution
- Attendance issues
- RtI – Response to Intervention meetings & development on interventions to assist students in being academically & behaviorally successful in school.
- Social History assessments
- Brief counseling
- Provide resources and other supports to student & their families