Documents Needed for the Application
Students Currently Enrolled in the Richmond County School System
Before you begin the application, you will need your child’s nine-digit student identification number. This number may be obtained from your child’s current school, Infinite Campus Parent Portal, or your child’s report card. The number typically begins with the digits 3000. This is NOT your child’s social security number. Providing this number will allow us to access your child's grades and help streamline the application process for you. If the application states that your identification number is not recognized, you may still complete the application without the number.
Students NOT Currently Enrolled in the Richmond County School System
Before you begin the application, you will need last year's report card (unless you are applying to kindergarten). During the application, you will be prompted to upload a copy of your child's 2020-2021 final report card, birth certificate, and legal proof of Richmond County residency. Students applying to 10th, 11th, or 12th grade will also be required to submit a current high school transcript.
System Requirements for ALL magnet schools and specialized programs:
For a competitive application, students should have an 80 final average in all core subjects (math, reading/ELA, science, social studies) and conduct (grades 1-6) from the 2020-2021 school year.
- Applicants must participate in the system-wide reading and math assessment.
- Applicants must be residents of Richmond County to enroll in any RCSS magnet school or program.
- Kindergarten applicants must reach the age of five by September 1, 2022.
- Applicants must maintain an 80 final average in all core subjects (math, reading/ELA, science, social studies) and conduct (grades 1-6) for the 2021-2022 school year.
- In grades K-3, students must earn a B final average or a standards-based report card rating of a 2 in language arts and math for the 2021-2022 school year. In grades 4-11, applicants must earn an 80 final average in all core subjects (math, reading/ELA, science, social studies) and conduct (grades 4-6) for the 2021-2022 school year.
Additional Requirements for FINE ARTS AUDITIONS at JOHN S. DAVIDSON:
- Qualified applicants will be invited to audition on February 18, 2022, to be held at Davidson Fine Arts. If an applicant does not complete the Davidson audition, he or she will be removed from the application process for Davidson. For more information on the audition process, please visit davidson.rcboe.org. You will not receive notification that your application was not qualified. You will be considered for any other school selections you may have made.
- All middle school applicants are required to take a general audition in all fine arts areas (Music, Dance, Drama, Visual Arts, and Creative Writing). However, applicants with a minimum of two years of private lessons may request a solo audition.
- All high school applicants are required to audition in Creative Writing. Also, high school applicants may choose to take the general audition in the fine arts areas (Music, Dance, Drama, Visual Arts) or request a solo audition in a specific fine arts area.